Check out what’s happening at the Turner Library:
- The 2015 Summer Reading Program starts June 1. To participate, sign up at the Turner Library. All ages are welcome. Special events and programs occur all summer long.
- Computer Class, Tuesday, June 2, 9 a.m. No experience necessary. Call the Turner for the class topic, for questions or to register (916) 375-6465. You may also register at the Turner.
- Nature’s Critters, Tuesday, June 9, 3 p.m. Learn about the diversity of nature. Hands-on live interactions with reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
- Overdrive Mobile Device Petting Zoo, Thursday, June 11, 6 p.m. Come and learn how to check out library books for free on your mobile device.
- All Things String, Thursday, June 11 and Wednesday, June 24, 6 p.m. Whether you knit, crochet, embroider, or enjoy other fiber arts, this social crafting circle is for you. Bring your current project or start something new.
- Bats! Bats! Bats! Tuesday, June 16, 3 p.m. Norcal Bats are back and they’re bringing with them live bats for you to inspect up close!
- What’s Happening Seniors, Wednesday, June 17, 11:30 a.m. A social club for older adults to discuss current events and timely issues.
- Evening Book Club, Wednesday, June 17, 6 p.m. Join the monthly book club and explore new worlds. For information, call Cindy, (916) 731-5504.
- Origami Paper Crafts, Thursday, June 18. Teens are invited to join the fun in the creation of different origami paper crafts. Call (916) 375-6465 for the program time.
- Tails for Tales, Monday, June 22, 4 p.m. School aged children are invited to come the library and practice reading with a therapy dog.
- Magical Mary, Tuesday, June 23, 3 p.m. Families are invited to join the fun for visual and colorful magic, juggling and comedy.
- Hawks, Honkers and Hoots, Tuesday, June 30, 3 p.m. Bird ambassadors present birds native to the area. There will also be a special hands-on discovery table for exploration.
- Russian Story Time, Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. Children and their families are invited to listen to stories and songs in Russian.
- Spanish Story Time, Saturdays, 11:30 a.m. Children and their families are encouraged to listen to stories and songs in Spanish.
- Summer Programs for Tots, Thursdays, June 11-Aug. 6, 11:15 a.m.-12 noon. Open play or art and craft activity.
Remember, all Turner programs are free! The Arthur F. Turner Community Library is located at 1212 Merkley Ave., West Sacramento, (916) 375-6465.