The Arthur F. Turner Community Library has scheduled special events for February—and they’re free!
- Blind Date with a Book, Feb. 1-14—visit the Turner for more details about this fun event.
- Computer Basics for Beginners, Tuesday, Feb. 3, 9 a.m.-10 a.m.—learn the different parts of a computer, how to use a mouse and keyboard, and gain confidence in computer use. No experience necessary. Call or visit the Turner.
- Fun with Chocolate for Teens and Adults, Wednesday, Feb. 11, 6 p.m.—teens and adults are invited to a fun program with chocolate!
- What’s Happening Seniors, Wednesday, Feb. 18, 11 a.m.—a social group for older adults, discussing current events and timely issues.
- All Things String, Feb. 10 and Feb. 26, 6 p.m.—whether you knit, crochet, embroider, or enjoy other fiber arts, bring your current project or start something new among friends at this social crafting circle.
- Drop in Valentine Craft, Feb. 12-14—stop by the library and create a valentine craft for your special Valentine!
- Evening Book Club, Wednesday, Feb. 18, 6 p.m.—you’re invited to this monthly book club and explore new worlds (call Cindy for information or questions, 916-731-5504.)
- Tails for Tales, Monday, Feb. 23, 4 p.m.—school aged-children are invited to the library to practice reading with a therapy dog.
- Buddy Reading, Mondays at 4:30 p.m. (for students in grades K-3)—practice reading with an older “buddy” (each child is paired up with a student from River City High School Interact Club for 15-30 minute reading sessions; advance reservations required.)
For more information, visit the Arthur F. Turner Community Library, 1212 Merkley Ave., or call (916) 375-6464.