The City of West Sacramento and the Washington Unified School District have begun construction to restore the leisure pool deck at the Recreation Center Aquatic Facility, 2801 Jefferson Blvd. The project, scheduled for completion April 17, removes and replaces 3,500 square feet of concrete slabs. The competition lap pool remains open.
During construction, the Recreation Center parking lot will be modified:
- The west end of the parking area is designated as the construction area and is closed to public parking;
- Parking for seniors (age 62+) is available between 5:15 a.m. and 10 a.m.—this area opens to Pass Holders after 10 a.m.;
- “Overflow” parking for Pass Holders is also available south of the River City High School student walking path;
- ADA access is provided immediately south of the Recreation Center;
- Parking for River City High School administration is south of the Recreation Center, with student parking available east of the Pass Holder “overflow” parking section;
- Bike racks for students (east side of River City High) and Pass Holders (near the Recreation Center entrance) are also provided.
The Recreation Center staff is providing a safety patrol during high traffic times in the morning and afternoons when school is in session to ensure the safety of students and Recreation Center patrons during the construction project.