Additional mandatory water restrictions have been adopted by the State Water Board as California suffers through a fourth year of drought. While West Sacramento and other cities have made substantial cutbacks in water use, the new guidelines impact outdoor watering, restaurants and motels.
West Sacramento residents and businesses are encouraged to continue their conservation habits and remember that the following new, and existing restrictions are in place until further notice.
- Restaurants may now only serve drinking water upon request.
- No outdoor landscape irrigation within 48 hours of measurable rainfall.
- Motels and hotels shall provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily. The hotel or motel shall prominently display notice of this option.
- Do not use potable (drinking) water to wash down sidewalks, driveways, streets or parking lots.
- Do not use drinking water to wash down buildings or to cool building roofs.
- Do not water lawns or landscaping between noon and 6:00 p.m.
- Limit outdoor watering to the odd/even schedule. Customers with street addresses that end in an odd number may only irrigate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Customers with street addresses that end in an even number may only irrigate on Wednesday, Fridays, and Sundays. No irrigation is permitted on Mondays.
- Do not wash a motor vehicle with a hose unless it is fitted with an automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Do not operate a fountain or other decorative water feature unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Do not allow landscape irrigation to runoff to an adjacent property, into gutters, sidewalks, roadways, parking lots or structures.
To report violations of these restrictions, please call the water waste reporting line at (916) 617-4545 and leave a detailed message, or report on-line at http://www.cityofwestsacramento.org/about/contact_us.asp.