A “Tom Sawyer”-themed play structure has been selected by the West Sacramento project design team for a new playground at Bryte Park. It features several a rock climbing wall, slides, swings, and even a zip line, each suitable for children 2-12 years old.
The City chose the “Tom Sawyer” design using the following criteria:
- the most popular equipment choices selected by children on design day, April 7 at Riverbank Elementary School
- the highest level of imaginative play
- provides the most activities
- the highest level of shade offered
- the best distribution of equipment
The community “Build Day” is scheduled for Sunday May 31, when 400 volunteers pitch in to construct the playground in just one day.
“The plans for the new Disney / KaBOOM! playground are taking shape in the best way,” said Mayor Christopher Cabaldon. “The kids did a fantastic job letting us know what they would like to see at Bryte Park. The build day will be a great day in West Sacramento!”
Bryte Park is located at 425 Todhunter Ave. The playground will be built on the southeast corner, along Carrie Street.
The project is a partnership between the Walt Disney Company, KaBOOM!, the Yolo County Children’s Alliance, and the City of West Sacramento.