Applications are now being accepted for a member and the youth member of the City’s Parks, Recreation and Intergenerational Services Commission. This newly restructured commission consists of 7 members, one of which must be under the age of 18. The scope of this commission is to provide advice and recommendations to the City Council on matters including:
- Parks and related facilities and programs;
- Sports and active living programs;
- Recreation and leisure programs;
- Support for civic and community-based organization;
- Community services, including health and welfare concerns;
- Adaptation of the full range of city plans, projects, programs and services to the needs of seniors and youth;
- Plans for the provision of services targeted to the elderly, including recreation, leisure, housing, financial security, and mobility;
- Plans for the provision of services targeted to youth; and
- Early learning and universal preschool.
The Parks, Recreation & Intergenerational Services Commission currently meets bi-monthly on the first Tuesday of the month. The meetings are held at 6:00 pm in the City Council Chambers, 1110 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento.
The term of these seats will expire on December 31, 2016. This Mayor-appointed position is a great way to get involved in your community, learn about local government, and earn community service.
Applications are available on the City’s website, or by contacting Kryss Rankin, City Clerk at 617-4500.