Turning the Page Into September—at the Turner Library
The Arthur F. Turner Community Library, 1212 Merkley Ave., is offering new programs for September. All events are free!
- Healthy Aging 101: Meditation / Yoga, Wednesday, Sept. 9, 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Live healthy and age gracefully. Learn how to meditate and do yoga.
- Teens 101: Hip Hop Dance, Saturday, Sept. 12, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Get up and dance! Learn basic moves and get out of your comfort zone.
- Spanish Computer Class, Clases Básicas de Computación, Friday, Sept. 18, 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Aprenda cómo usar el ratón, crear documentos y navegar en el internet. No necesita tener experiencia, sólo una tarjeta de la biblioteca y un PIN son necesarios. Puede registrarse en persona en el módulo de información de la biblioteca o por teléfono al (916) 375-6465.
- Sokolich Art Class: Part 1, Saturday, Sept. 19, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. In memorial to Betty Fairbaurn Turner Vogel Sokolich, Julie Karlones will be teaching mono-type printmaking.
- Special TOT Play Time—Little Da Vinci, Saturday, Sept. 19, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. A monthly special play tot time designed for toddlers. Come out, design and build. Expand your imagination with puzles and blocks.
- Cyber Senior—Introduction, Monday, Sept. 21, 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Introduction to computer. This class is designed for adults who have never faced a computer. Register in person at the information desk or by pone, (916) 375-6465.
- MushaAira (Poetry Jam), Saturday, Sept. 26, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Come share your favorite poem at this informal sesión of Junjabi, Hindi, and Urdu poetry.
- “Banned Book Weeks,” Sept. 28-Oct. 3. A display of banned books according to the American Library Association’s annual list. Please come in check out the banned books thorough the years.