The City of West Sacramento is making sandbags available to residents in anticipation of continued wet weather and possible flooding.
Sand is free and available on a first come, first served basis at the following locations:
- Fire Station 42, 3585 Jefferson Blvd. Sand and bags, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Port of West Sacramento near the guard shack off Industrial Blvd. Sand and bags, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 1801 West Capitol Avenue in the vacant lot. Sand is available here 24/7, but residents need to bring their own bags, or pick up bags at the City of West Sacramento Corporation Yard, 1951 South River Rd., weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Residents are allowed up to ten bags per city address.
- It is recommended that plastic or visqueen sheeting be used as a water barrier with sandbags to hold the sheeting in place.
For additional questions about sandbags, local flooding and clogged storm drains, call Public Works, (916) 617-4850. You can also use the West Sacramento Connect app.