1110 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento
Inside City Hall and outside between City Hall and the Community Center
FREE Family Event!
Bring your family, friends and neighbors to be a part of the fun!
Learn how you can make a difference for the environment while improving your home and community.
- Informative Workshops: River Friendly Landscaping and Integrated Design (RSVP recommended)
- Vendors offering information on resource and money saving home improvements that help protect the environment
- Fun activities for the kids
- EarthCapades Environmental Theater
- Live music by Island of Black and White
- West Sacramento School Garden Network, featuring the River City Greenhouse and Environmental Club selling fruit & garden vegetables
- High School students interactive enviroscape display on protecting and conserving our water supply
- Mouthwatering food provided by Mama Kim Cooks at special prices
- Great raffle prizes including a Nest Learning Thermostat
- Ride your bike to the event and “valet” park with the SABA Bike Valet
- Free Bus Rides. As part of the West Sacramento Earth Day Yolobus will be offering free rides on all West Sacramento Local Routes (35, 40 and 240) all day Saturday, April 25th, 2015. For more information on Yolobus services including route and schedule information please visit http://www.yolobus.com.
Kids’ Activities inside and outside:
Arts & Crafts with reCREATE
Jump away with The Bounce Spot
West Sacramento Fire Department fire engine and fire safety training trailer
Green Business Vendors
- City of West Sacramento Environmental Services
- City of West Sacramento Parks & Recreation
- City of West Sacramento Urban Forestry
- California Fuel Cell Partnership
- Energy Upgrade California Program
- Farm Fresh to You
- GRID Alternatives
- Yolo County Transportation District
- HERO Program
- Our Water Our World
- Waste Management
- Yolo County Master Gardeners – UC Davis Cooperative
Two Informative Workshops
Workshop Space is limited. To reserve your spot, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grow Your Soil – A River Friendly Landscaping Practice: 11:00 – 11:45 a.m.
This workshop will include an overview of landscaping here in the American River watershed. You will hear techniques to deal with the drought, the restrictions on irrigation, and what you can do to improve your soil easily with little expense.
Integrated Design: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Integrated Design brings water harvesting features together in your home’s landscape to reduce watering, build healthy soil, optimize seasonal conditions, mitigate urban runoff and grow resources. You will learn how to map your home watershed and what water harvesting techniques work best for your terrain. The integrated design process creates a dynamic landscape that incorporates water harvesting features and other site elements to produce a cohesive relationship between humans and nature.
For more information about Earth Day, please call (916) 617-4590.