Prepare for the Weather and Beat the Heat
The seasons are changing and the temperatures are going up. It’s that time of year to once again start considering the effects of warmer temperatures and take appropriate precautions to protect your health and safety.
Tips to Prevent Heat Related Illness
· Never leave infants, children, the frail elderly, or pets unattended in a parked car.
· Drink plenty of fluids. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty.
· Dress in lightweight, loose-fitting clothing. Use a hat and sunscreen as needed.
· Use cool compresses, misting, showers and baths.
· During the hottest parts of the day, keep physical activities to a minimum and stay indoors in air-conditioning and out of the sun.
More Info: Summer Heat Safety