With heavy rain and possible localized flooding expected this weekend, The City of West Sacramento is preparing for this latest storm: The Fire Department Emergency Services Division is monitoring river levels and at this time, the City’s internal drainage system should be able to manage the projected storm water. Public Works crews will be on patrol to handle clogged drains and downed trees.
Sandbags for residents are available at the following locations:
- Port of West Sacramento near the guard shack off Industrial Blvd. Sand and bags are available 24/7.
- 1801 West Capitol Avenue in the vacant lot. Sand is available here 24/7, but residents need to bring their own bags which are available at the City of West Sacramento Corporation Yard, 1951 South River Rd., weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Residents are allowed up to 15 bags per city address.
- It is recommended that plastic or visqueen sheeting be used as a water barrier with sandbags to hold the sheeting in place.
- You must bring your own shovel.
For additional questions about sandbags, local flooding and clogged storm drains, call Public Works, (916) 617-4850. You can also use the West Sacramento Connect app.
Please check out additional Winter Weather information from the West Sacramento Fire Emergency Services Division.