Zocalo Coming to West Sacramento at King’s Restaurant Spot

The King’s restaurant building at 1500 West Capitol Ave. has been purchased by the owners of Zocalo restaurants. According to the Sacramento Business Journal, there are plans to use the facility as a restaurant and an industrial kitchen to make sauces, salsas and other products for other Zocalo locations in the Sacramento region.

King's reataurant photo-1

King’s closed this past Sunday with the retirement of long-time owner Chew Lam.

“This private investment is a sign of things to come as more local restauranteurs and businesses realize the potential of West Sacramento,” according to a statement from the West Sacramento Economic Development and Housing Department.

New streetscape improvements are planned along the segment of West Capitol Ave., from Jefferson to Westacre, similar to tree-lined, wide sidewalks in front of City Hall, Sacramento City College and the City’s Community Center.

Long-term plans for the area include a new Police Headquarters along West Capitol Ave.

King's Restaurant owner Chew Lamb and family get City of West Sacramento Proclamation from Councilmember Quirina Orozco

King’s Restaurant owner Chew Lam and family receive city proclamation from Councilmember Quirina Orozco for 57 years of service.

This entry was posted in City Projects and tagged , , . | Bookmark the permalink.